Re: [Monotone-devel] No sponsored hardware :(

From: Philipp Gröschler
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] No sponsored hardware :(
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:24:07 +0200

On 24.08.2010 13:04, Lapo Luchini wrote:
Due to the IPv4 address shortage the provider is now requesting "good
reasons" in order to receive any IPv4 address after the first (and up to
4 max), so I'm not *sure* I can guarantee that (but I hope so, and there
can be ways to avoid the need for that, with a bit of tinkering).

If there would be help needed for arguing, then I'm offering to jump in. Hetzner is located only a few KM from here, and I casually had contact to their support.

But I don't think that one more extra IP is posing such a problem, moreover there are reasonable arguments for one.

Maybe they only have that shortage because they've been squandering dedicated servers with a full /29 subnet the last couple of years ;)