[Monotone-devel] help for --update

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: [Monotone-devel] help for --update
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 03:17:45 -0500

The option help string for --update says:

    automatically update the workspace, if it is clean and
    the base revision is a head of an affected branch

On reading the code in maybe_workspace_updater.cc, I can't figure out
what is meant by 'is clean' here.

I've added a new "common options" section to the manual, and describe
--update as:

    If @option{--update} is given, and the command is executed in a
    workspace, the workspace is updated to the new head of the workspace
    branch if the workspace was at a head, and the command makes a new
    head of the workspace branch.

If that is correct, I'd like to change the option help string to:

    automatically update the workspace, if it was at a head and the
    command creates a new head

Ok?

--
-- Stephe