Re: [Monotone-devel] ***SPAM*** Re: About certs

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] ***SPAM*** Re: About certs
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 02:49:33 -0500

Frédéric Praca <address@hidden> writes:

> Le Wed, 05 Dec 2012 06:31:27 -0500,
> Stephen Leake <address@hidden> a écrit :
>
>> Frédéric Praca <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > So, yes, there's something to review but just a bugfix :)
>>
>> What is the name of the branch? There are a lot, so it's easy to miss
>> a new one.
> In fact, I know that's a shame... But I committed directly on the main
> branch as it was really an easy fix (see revision
> b34d9438297eda705f7e736983e2d7fdce46c394 ) :)

Ok. I have a couple comments.

First, there should be test changes to go along with this; either
current tests now have different outputs (I didn't run them), or there
need to be new tests (most likely added to current test files).

It is best to write the tests first; that way you can be sure you
actually fixed the right problem.

Second, automate output should _not_ be formatted; it is not intended to
be seen by the user, but parsed by a tool that then presents it to the
user. The tool expects the default formatting, and should not have to
cope with random user settings.

> For the cert modification, I will create a specific branch because
> there are non trival changes.

Ok. The current naming convention for this kind of branch is
net.venge.monotone.issue-nnn, where 'nnn' is the issue number (you can
only see these branch names with > --ignore-suspend-certs, since
branches for closed issues are suspended).

--
-- Stephe