Re: [Nmh-workers] Multi-homed postproc, v2

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Multi-homed postproc, v2
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 22:39:11 -0500

>> Where "N" was the file descriptor to write the annotation to; my
>> previous iteration assumed the last argument to post was the filename.
>
>This is Unix, not GNU and it's brain-damanged `rm / -rf'.  Isn't it a
>bug that sendaux() appends ["-idanno", "42"] after the draft's filename?

... maybe?  It's always done it that way, even back in the original MH.
No one noticed until now.

>Have the interface to post(8), and thus postproc, include the `file'
>parameter as an environment variable as well.  True, this means post has
>two places to get the data, but it also keeps simple filter scripts
>simple.

Seems reasonable to me; any objections?  I thought maybe there was one
already, and a mhdraft environment variable IS set, but only when using
whatnow; really, we want one guaranteed to exist all of the time between
send and post.

>Though I still think it should be the last argument, otherwise every
>postproc author has to solve the same problem.

I don't have strong feelings about this one; thoughts from others?
Fixing it is a simple change.

--Ken