Re: [Nmh-workers] replyfilter trouble with messages from "XFINITY Connec

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] replyfilter trouble with messages from "XFINITY Connect Mobile App"
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 12:12:40 -0400

>[n]mh is still my favorite email client in combination with
>exmh, and I've tried a LOT of clients.  I started with MH-3
>from Rand.  At some point I need to figure out some way to
>be mobile with nmh.  Wmh demonstrates a possibility.  See
>http://wmh.sourceforge.net/ The would seem to be room for an
>Android client, using exmh as a functional spec.

The author of Wmh posted here a while back ... we went around on some
performance problems he was encountering (I wish we could have helped
him more; fixing those issues would require some significant changes).
Part of the issue was some huge folders took a while to read with
folder_read().

FWIW, I store my nmh folders in AFS, and that mostly works well for
mobility, but doesn't really solve the problem in the general case.
I suspect the only true long-term solution is IMAP, but that is a LOT
of work (but if Heirloom mailx and mailutils can do it, I don't see
any fundamental reason we cannot).

--Ken