Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh with mobile devices [was: Re: replyfilter trouble

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh with mobile devices [was: Re: replyfilter trouble with messages from "XFINITY Connect Mobile App"]
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 09:07:34 -0400

>> So where does exmh fit in to this? It's an X (GUI) program.
>
>It sure is.  Maybe I've missed something but the  subject of this thread
>is nmh  on mobile devices,  and I was pointing  out that nmh  works just
>fine on  mobile devices, regardless of  where exmh might fit  in, if one
>just uses SSH to connect to wherever nmh is. :-)

I think people lost sight of the discussion flow.

Kevin Cosgrove talked about doing exmh (via X windows over the
Internet).  Andy Bradford talked about using nmh remotely via ssh.

I mean, sure, I suppose nmh on a phone with ssh or something like it
WOULD work.  I just don't think the interface would be great; doing a lot
of keyboard stuff on a phone just sucks.

--Ken