Re: mhbuild and long header fields

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: mhbuild and long header fields
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 09:29:58 -0400

Philipp wrote:

> Do you only test the patch or have you looked at the code? It would
> be nice to get some feedback on the implementation.

My only comment on the code itself is that I prefer functions that
just do one thing.  So I would implement a fold function that just
modifies a string, and leave the fprintf/fwrite to output_headers().

And a very minor change would be to add the year to the copyright
notice.

There is a bigger issue, however.  output_headers() gets called by
other code, such as mhfixmsg via output_message_fp().  So the change
as-is interferes badly with it.  I haven't looked for a better place
to fold the header fiels, but we'll have to find one.

David