Testing the welcome message (was: nmh is vital to me)

From: Ibsen S Ripsbusker
Subject: Testing the welcome message (was: nmh is vital to me)
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 15:20:05 +0000

Dear colleagues,

> Though something must be going wrong for it to be shown more than once.

I have for a long time had a different issue with the welcome message.
Perhaps it is worthwhile to report. To produce this issue, set up a new
MH directory, and run a failing command as the first command.

$ install-mh
$ head ~/.mh_profile /tmp/Mail/context
==> /home/ibsen/.mh_profile <==
MH-Profile-Version: 1.0
Draft-Folder: drafts
send: -draftfolder drafts

==> /tmp/Mail/context <==
Current-Folder: inbox
$ scan +this-is-not-a-folder  # Show the welcome message
$ scan +this-is-not-a-folder  # Show the welcome message
$ folders                     # Show the welcome message
$ scan +this-is-not-a-folder  # Don't show the welcome message

This result still matches the statement that "something must be going
wrong", since failing commands are wrong in a way. It could be that
the above result is intended.

With great honor,
Ibsen S Ripsbusker