Re: Testing the welcome message (was: nmh is vital to me)

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: Testing the welcome message (was: nmh is vital to me)
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 22:04:50 -0500

Ken wrote:

> [Ibsen:]
> >Indeed that is what is happening. It seems like you prefer it work
> >this way rather than showing the welcome message just once; in that
> >case, there is nothing to do on the situation I present.
>
> I think you misunderstand me; I'm not saying I PREFER it work that way,
> I just am explaining why it DOES work that way.  It probably should be
> fixed to behave better, but since right now I lack the time to do it
> myself I don't make a big deal over it.

That was fixed post-1.8, in commit 82b04d3149.

Also, I just added this to the welcome message:

    This message will not be repeated until nmh is next updated.  To
    permanently suppress this message, add "Welcome: disable" to your
    profile (/home/levine/.mh_profile).

The actual absolute value of the profile will be shown.

David