om-synth

[Om-synth] learning controllers

From: Atte André Jensen
Subject: [Om-synth] learning controllers
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 23:37:25 +0200

Hi

I can't seem to figure out how to use the learn feature. All it does is
echo the correct controller number to the term om_gtk was started from.
Isn't is supposed to set the "Controller Number", "Min" and "Max" values
in the midi_control_in module?

And ams has a very nice feature, where the controller value is not send
until the knob reaches the current value, to avoid sudden jumps. In ams
it always works this way, but it would be perfect to have it as an
option in om.

A last thing from ams that is very nice: The position of the controllers are saved as part of the patch. This means that I can make quick adjustments to a patch via the knobs on my evolution and save them. Very handy in a rehearsal or live situation where speed is very important. The most controller in this regard would be #7 (main volume), as I often find that I'd like to make small volume adjustments for individual sounds...

--
  .''`.  Peace, love & harmony
 : :' :  Atte