om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] anyone used livenoisetools

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] anyone used livenoisetools
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:11:26 +1000

On Thu, 2005-20-10 at 00:47 +0200, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I don't know too much about what's under the hood of om, but it's
> something to do with OSC, right?
>
> The same goes for another piece of software that I find extremely
> fascinating and would really love to play with (but can't get going),
> namely livenoisetools (http://www.pawfal.org/Software/livenoisetools/).
> Basically it's about growing musical phrases in realtime.
>
> Has anyone used this together with om, can it be done, or is mixing the
> two a dead end?

I've hooked up noisepattern to Om before by hacking NP to send the
note_on events that Om recognises. (I have a page on the pawfal wiki and
everything.. Om is kinda sorta the successor to SSM)

So, yes, it's possible, but not without some hacking.  Hopefully some
day all these things can work together by default.  Bring it up on the
pawfal wiki chat page, by all means.

-DR-