openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] Solaris AU8830 Driver

From: Jeff Muizelaar
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Solaris AU8830 Driver
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:09:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Phil Jensen wrote:

> Hi guys!
> Just wanted to stop by and say hello and let everyone know that I'm working
> on an open-source Solaris AU8830 (Sparc & Intel) driver.  My reference kit
> is an AU8830-based Turtle Beach board on a Sun Ultra 10 (Solaris 9, the
> latest version of Sun's Forte suite.)

Are there currently any drivers (even binary) for solaris or Sparc?
Either way this could also help turn up any endian issues that might
exist.

> I've got basic PCI attach functionality, init and AC97 functionality
> working.  I'm pouring through the source here and there and I'm going to do
> some ADB work this weekend.  I'll keep in touch and let everyone know how
> I'm doing.  Take care.

Which source are you looking at? The best stuff is probably Manuel's
latest alsa patch. Even though it is currently buggy it will give the best
high level view of what is going on.

If you wish I can give you cvs access to use for a solaris tree.

> Warm regards,
> Phil

-Jeff