openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] Solaris AU8830 Driver

From: Phil Jensen
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Solaris AU8830 Driver
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 22:39:56 -0700

Jeff Muizelaar wrote:

Are there currently any drivers (even binary) for solaris or Sparc?
Either way this could also help turn up any endian issues that might
exist.

There are plenty of non-Aureal drivers for Solaris, but no AU stuff. The Solaris DDI automagically manages endianness using a ddi_device_acc_attr as long as you use their DDI functions to do gets and puts, and I have it set to DDI_STRUCTURE_LE_ACC (auto-swap to little endian).

Which source are you looking at? The best stuff is probably Manuel's
latest alsa patch. Even though it is currently buggy it will give the best
high level view of what is going on.

I just got into work about an hour ago to start coding, and came with a hardcopy of the OpenVortex OSS 8830 source. It's so nice to finally know (and understand) what each piece of the init functionality does. :)

If you wish I can give you cvs access to use for a solaris tree.

That would be terrific!

Thank you,
Phil