pika-dev

Re: [Pika-dev] pika-0.1pre4 tarball broken

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Pika-dev] pika-0.1pre4 tarball broken
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 21:50:46 +1100

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 17:57, Tom Lord wrote:
>     > Perhaps. I've been consistently describing it as 'just another tool in
>     > the toolkit'.
>
> (cough) There was a time when I swear I hear you talking about it
> doing everything star-merge does but better.  I think I recall you
> trying to convince _me_ of that at one point or other. :-)

OH, make no mistake - I think that 'pure-merge' does /nearly/ everything
star merge does, and certainly does more (given the clean changeset
constrain). I've made no secret of that, and will still try to convince
you of that :}. --skip-present is a component of pure-merge, and of
itself doesn't rate more than 'just another tool'.

Rob