pika-dev

Re: [Pika-dev] new code: character special names

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Pika-dev] new code: character special names
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:36:58 +0100

hi again.

jivera has suggested some improvements to my previous version of the
character handling code which i have added to my archive (patch-6).

> I've taken a little bit of time to review the patch now and here are
> my thoughts so far:
>
> 1. Really picky but, add a tagline to
>    tests/char-tests/unit-char-names.c.  It'd be much simpler to do now
>    before it's merged into the mainline than later.

done. i've also put the correct tag line in all other files i've added
so far.

> 2. In reps/chars-imp.c on lines 442, 451, 455, and 457, you have code
>    like:
>
>    amt += scm_printfmt (errn, cport, "%s-", bstr);
>
>    Look at pairs-imp.c's scm_pair_write_fn's use of amt and additional
>    to see how to correctly handle error conditions from sequential
>    calls to scm_printfmt.

that should be fixed now.

> 4. scm_codepoint_is_latin1 should be defined as:
>
>    #define scm_codepoint_is_latin1(c) (!(0x1fff00 & (c)))
>
>    or maybe even
>
>    #define scm_codepoint_is_latin1(c) (!(~0xff & (c)))
>
>    (I recall Tom being explicit about allowing up to U+1FFFFF even
>    though Unicode only requires up to U+10FFFF, but can't find
>    anything to back up my claim other than current code in
>    reps/chars-imp.c supporting up to 0x1fffff.)

i've used the second one: is that ok, tom?

i've also fixed (again with jivera's help) the new archive
(address@hidden) so that http access now works correctly.

cheers,
jao
--
I shall be telling this with a sigh / Somewhere ages and ages hence: / Two
roads diverged in a wood, and I -- / I took the one less traveled by, / And