[rdiff-backup-users] debian packages again

From: David Kempe
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] debian packages again
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:52:23 +1100

Hi,
about debian packages.
I have apt-getted the debian source for rdiff-backup on woody which of
course gives me the 0.6
I am after 0.10 packages for woody and my feeble attempts to build packages
according to the intructions provided here previously have given me a
package that relys on libc6 in unstable not woody.

Is there a reason rdiff-backup needs the newer version of libc6?
The version in woody i am dealing with is: 2.2.5-14
The version it complains about is:
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of rdiff-backup:
 rdiff-backup depends on libc6 (>= 2.3.1-1); however:
  Version of libc6 on system is 2.2.5-14.
dpkg: error processing rdiff-backup (--install):

I don't really want to upgrade my whole systems to sid just for
rdiff-backup.
some pointers or a heavy dose of cluestick would be much appreciated :)

thanks,

dave