Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Version 0.11.1 released

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Version 0.11.1 released
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 09:44:05 -0800

On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 11:46:40PM -0800, Alan wrote:
> > You mean ownership?  What problems are there restoring permissions?
>
> This is with .10.xx, but when I restored it was restored with the
> uid/gid of the user on the remote system, which of course left my spool
> directory all owned by some random user on my system :)  I'm assuming
> that this is normal with .10.x, and fixed in .11.x right?

Yes, that's right.  I thought you might have been distinguishing
between ownership and permissions (presumably all the permissions were
preserved, although that might not have done you much good since all
the ownership was wrong).

> > Yes, you don't need to start fresh.

> Good to hear, will upgrade pronto then!

I upgraded, but keep in mind that 0.11.1 is marked as "development"
release (x.odd.x), and may not be right for everyone.

--
Ben Escoto