Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Version 0.13.4 released

From: Donald D Henson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Version 0.13.4 released
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 11:07:46 -0700

On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 10:30, Kevin Spicer wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 17:18, Donald D Henson wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 09:45, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> > Thanks but I've been there before. My problem is that I can't seem to
> > download any of the source files. I'm using galeon 1.3.12 running with
> > Gnome 2.2.2 and SuSE Linux 9.0. I don't think that galeon is the problem
> > because I can download files from other websites. When I try to download
> > from the site you suggested, I get messages from the download manager
> > like "size unknown", "status: -1 kB", "Time Elapsed 0", and "Time
> > Remaining Unknown". Do these message suggest anything to you? If an
> > alternative source exists, I'd like to try it to see if the problem is
> > on my end or on the website end. (And I really need to do a backup
> > soon.) Thanks again for any help.
> To rule out a browserism perhaps you could try...
>
> wget http://rdiff-backup.stanford.edu/rdiff-backup-0.12.6.tar.gz

Boy do I feel like an idiot. In the process of trying to get wget to
work, I discovered that I was trying to download into a directory owned
by root, root being the only one with write permission. Changed the
owner. Downloaded successfully. Thanks for suggesting wget as otherwise
I may never have seen the problem.

Don Henson