Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup crash

From: Dick Kniep
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup crash
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 14:29:23 +0200

On Saturday 17 April 2004 02:51, David Kempe schreef:
> Dave Hawkes wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been running rdiff-backup (ver. 13.4) reliably for quite some time
> > but now consistently get the following crash when trying to backup up a
> > particular machine (see below). Has anyone any ideas?

There are some known issues with mounted (NFS) volumes. In fact those issues
are more NFS issues than rdiff-backup issues. To make sure it will work, it
is better to use the built-in possibility of rdiff-backup to backup from one
machine to another (using an ssh connection). There are examples in the
manual for that.

--
Cheers,

D.J. Kniep