Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup crash

From: Dave Hawkes
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup crash
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 08:56:43 -0400

I managed to fix the problem by lowering the terminal-verbosity setting to 4 from 5. It would appear that there was some contention for stdout, though I'm not sure how that could happen. The problem can likely be fixed with an exception handler around the code that writes to stdout and then deals with this event in an intelligent way.

Thanks
Dave Hawkes

David Kempe wrote:

Dave Hawkes wrote:

Hi,

I've been running rdiff-backup (ver. 13.4) reliably for quite some time
but now consistently get the following crash when trying to backup up a
particular machine (see below). Has anyone any ideas?

I have found a problem with some file names using .13.3. These are backed up from a mounted ntfs filesystem using smbfs in kernel 2.4.25.
i might be able to fix it by specifiying a different code page format.

as for you,
can you first start with a fresh rdiff-backup-data dir, then try and replicate the problem - does it still happen then if you backup that particular dir? try exclude that dir from the source and see if its a similar problem to what I had, maybe we can narrow it down.

dave