Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Version 0.13.5 released

From: Trevor Harmon
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Version 0.13.5 released
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:31:41 -0700

On Apr 7, 2005, at 8:31 PM, Ben Escoto wrote:

The only issue I had was this one:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/index.php? func=detailitem&item_id=3861

I think the right thing to do there is what Andrew Bressen
suggested---make the --override-chars-to-quote option documented, and
perhaps give it a better alias like --no-quoting that's short for
"--override-chars-to-quote ''",

Yes, that should be an adequate workaround.

 and if it detects a Mac OS X volume on
each side, suggest that --no-quoting could be used.

It would be even better if rdiff-backup would automatically turn on the no-quoting behavior if the case sensitivity of the source and destination file systems were the same. This would solve the issue for all file systems that exhibit this problem, not just Mac OS X's HFS+, and it is what I was trying to accomplish with the patch.

Trevor