Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Version 0.13.5 released

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Version 0.13.5 released
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:39:50 -0700

> It would be even better if rdiff-backup would automatically turn on
> the no-quoting behavior if the case sensitivity of the source and
> destination file systems were the same. This would solve the issue
> for all file systems that exhibit this problem, not just Mac OS X's
> HFS+, and it is what I was trying to accomplish with the patch.

Well the problem with the automatic detection is it could lead to
problems (at least an rdiff-backup crash) if filesystems mounted
inside the source directory were case sensitive, or if later on a case
sensitive directory were backed up.  These situations aren't
particularly pathological, so it seems by default rdiff-backup
shouldn't crash on them.

--
Ben Escoto