Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup being maintained?

From: Keith Edmunds
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup being maintained?
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:05:50 +0000

On 10/31/2006 3:56:42 PM +0000
"Corey Puffalt" <address@hidden> said:

> I guess this confirms my fears as there have been no replies from any of
> the developers.

You raise a good point. In essence, there is only one developer (Ben)
and he has been quiet of late. There are a couple of other people
(notably Dean Gaudet, but also others) who have created a few patches,
but the last I recall hearing from Ben was that he was creating a
wishlist of future enhancements to rdiff-backup.

What the project really needs is a small team of probably part-time
developers to maintain/improve it, either working under Ben if he's
amenable or someone else if not.

Ben, are you still reading this? Dean?

--
Keith Edmunds

|  Tiger Computing Ltd  |  Helping businesses make the most of Linux  |
|  "The Linux Company"  |       http://www.tiger-computing.co.uk      |