Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Result too large [Errno 34] on OS X

From: Jake Meier
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Result too large [Errno 34] on OS X
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 15:12:11 -0600

Sorry it's taken me more than a week to close the loop on this.  Thanks for the -v6 advice Andrew, this did indeed show which file it was failing on.  Interestingly, it was a printer driver, and the file size was quite small.  I've added an exclude for this and figured that I'd debug further if I see the issue again.  For now, just excluding this driver will suffice.  Thanks.

-Jake

On 8/24/07, Andrew Ferguson < address@hidden> wrote:
address@hidden wrote:
> I've been trying to get some backups running on my OS X (10.4) system and
> am running into the error below after a few gigs are backed up.  After
> receiving this error my backup directory is not recognized I've attempted
> disabling compression as well as reading the man page and all of the
> documentation and posts that google would return.  Has anyone seen this
> error, and if so could you point me in the right direction.
>
> Command:
> nice rdiff-backup --no-compression --exclude ~/workspace --exclude ~/Music
> --exclude ~/downloads --exclude ~/Documents/Virtual\ Machines --exclude
> ~/.m2/repository ~ /Volumes/Backups/backups

Hi,

I would try running rdiff-backup with "-v6" which should indicate which
file it is working on before it fails.

Secondly, what type of filesystem is /Volumes/Backups/ ?

Andrew

--
Andrew Ferguson - address@hidden