Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Rdiff-backup over FTP

From: Patrick Nagel
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Rdiff-backup over FTP
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 14:35:58 +0800

Hi,

On 2009-05-07 14:14, Gregy wrote:
Wouldn't it be easier to just follow the guide located on the wiki?
There is step-by-step how to configure rdiff-backup on windows as a
client to linux server. Or do you want windows to be the server?

Oh, right, there is a Wiki article:
http://wiki.rdiff-backup.org/wiki/index.php/BackupFromWindowsToLinux

As for the sentence
"As Microsoft Windows does not have a native SSH server built-in, this is currently not possible without the purchase of a commercial Windows SSH server package" in the Wiki - there are free SSH servers for Windows, for example FreeSSHD [1]. So I think my proposed approach should work.

Patrick.

[1]: http://www.freesshd.com/

--
Key ID: 0x86E346D4            http://patrick-nagel.net/key.asc
Fingerprint: 7745 E1BE FA8B FBAD 76AB 2BFC C981 E686 86E3 46D4