Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Rdiff-backup over FTP

From: Chencho
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Rdiff-backup over FTP
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 04:26:16 -0700 (PDT)

The server is actually my hosting server; i have access to shell as root.

The users accounts will be made by me directly into the server by ssh or
plesk.

Normally, i have this:

I have a domain called remotlybackups.com (not true).

When a user paid, i made a subdomain, for example:

user1.remotlybackups.com

Then i made the user "user1" with password "pw1", and he/she have access to
/var/www/vhosts/remotlybackups.com/subdomains/user1

Now i copy the files into httpsdocs/backup from each user.

Actually is not 100% true, because i put the server in his/her office and
configure ssh and crontab to make it without user activity.

I'm not sure to install samba into my hosting server, but sounds an
alternative.

BTW, if i set the user shell to rdiff-backup --server... i'm not sure how
can i logging to it "without" password prompt form Windows app.