[rdiff-backup-users] Rdiff-backup 1.3.4 and Debian 5 (lenny) with libc6

From: Self biasresistor
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Rdiff-backup 1.3.4 and Debian 5 (lenny) with libc6 probleme
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 13:28:13 +0000

Hi there,
I Have a big problem:
I have rdiff-backup 1.3.4 on my debian 4 (etch) and every thing work find
I have tried to install rdiff-backup 1.3.4 on my debian 5 but there was a lot of mistake during the installation,so i download the following .deb:
Python-dev 2.4.4
Librsync 0.9.7
Librsync-dev

And also:
gcc 4.3.2
Libc6-dev_2.7 (which use the libc6.7)

And it works,the install is ok
But when i do
rdiff-backup -V (or other command)
it told me
No such file or directory
Even if i am in the same directory than rdiff-backup

Aparently other people have the same problem with other application and i come from the difference between version of LIBC6 (Wich is a main lib for debian)
The fact is that in debian 4 (etch) use libc6-dev_2.3.6 and libc6_2.3.6
So i think that the rdiff-backup  1.3.4 doesnt not support the new libc6...
No?
Thanks a lot

Découvrez toutes les possibilités de communication avec vos proches