Re: [rdiff-backup-users] SSH time out, how to remedy? [Scanned] (fwd)

From: Pieter Donche
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] SSH time out, how to remedy? [Scanned] (fwd)
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 11:47:26 +0200 (CEST)

I tried with, on my target machine (macos):
# vi /etc/ssh/sshd_config
and set (instead of sending no messages)
ClientAliveInterval 15
then did a
# /etc/rc.d/sshd reload

and tried again:
address@hidden ~]$ /usr/local/bin/rdiff-backup macos-backup::/var
/home/backup/macos/var
Previous backup seems to have failed, regressing destination now.
but after 3-4 minutes I get:
Read from remote host macos.cmi.ua.ac.be: Connection reset by peer
Fatal Error: Lost connection to the remote system

(the same error as before)
what is wrong and how to remedy ?