Re: [rdiff-backup-users] SSH time out, how to remedy?

From: Pieter Donche
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] SSH time out, how to remedy?
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:59:56 +0200 (CEST)

See my last post,
I have TCPKeepAlive and ClientAliveInterval 15 on both server and client
but still no luck  :-((

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, Daryl Styrk wrote:

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 11:47:26AM +0200, Pieter Donche wrote:
Hi,
both on the backup and target machine my /etc/ssh/sshd_config has:
#TCPKeepAlive yes
#ClientAliveInterval 0
#ClientAliveCountMax 3

The manual says TCPKeepAlive is default yes. So I don't understand  why
the connection still dies ?

If I want to use ClientAliveInterval and ClientAliveCountMax, these would
have to be changed on the target machine? would ClientAliveInterval 15
ClientAliveCountMax 3
be a reasonable choice? this would send out every 15 seconds after no
data has been received
from the client a request of a response from the client and try that
3 times?

I read that it could be the router that is killing it and
ClientAliveInterval should help out there..

http://tinyurl.com/qxc4p9

--
Daryl Styrk
Naples FL, US