Re: [rdiff-backup-users] SSH time out, how to remedy?

From: Pieter Donche
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] SSH time out, how to remedy?
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:37:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, Daryl Styrk wrote:

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 11:47:26AM +0200, Pieter Donche wrote:
but after 3-4 minutes I get:
Read from remote host macos.cmi.ua.ac.be: Connection reset by peer
Fatal Error: Lost connection to the remote system

(the same error as before)
what is wrong and how to remedy ?

Are you able to ssh into the target fine?

yes, and as mentionned in my first mail on that issue, I can do
rdiff-backups of small direcories (subdirectories of /), not large
file systems such as /home /usr /var, probably because when the
target's machines rdiff-backup is scanning directories (which takes
time), in the mean time the connection is lost because of no activity
during some time ?

--
Daryl Styrk
Naples FL, US