[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Mailman "upgrade"

From: John Sullivan
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Mailman "upgrade"
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 10:31:22 -0500

address@hidden writes:

> Hi all;
>
> I'm sorry to say that, unless there's currently some problem with the
> mailing list servers that will be cleared up shortly, I think we have to
> UNDO whatever spam filtering, etc. we currently have installed on
> lists.gnu.org etc.
>
> Why?  Because apparently the hardware we have installed is totally
> incapable of delivering mail in anything close to an acceptable
> timeframe with this filtering enabled.

Paul,

My understanding is that this delay is the result of the machine
working through its rather large backlog of messages accumulated
during the recent downtime, not because of any new spam filtering
techniques. So there isn't anything to undo, and things should be
getting better.

--
John Sullivan
Program Administrator        | Phone: (617)542-5942 x23