Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: GNU mailing lists prefixes

From: Bob Proulx
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 14:38:05 -0600

Karl Berry wrote:
>     I remember seeing a document that recommended using help- info- and
>     address@hidden for GNU packages mailing lists. I can't find it
>     anymore (neither 'maintain' nor 'standards'), did that changed?
>
> No, it didn't change.  The bug- thing in the Mail node of maintain.texi.
> We should add help- there as well.
>
> The other place you've seen it discussed is rms' dubbing message.  I had
> him change that to recommend the circumlotion of creating PKG-bugs in
> savannah and making bug-PKG an alias, purely because they can make that
> list on their own, but they can't make bug-PKG.  It would be great if
> people could make bug-PKG in savannah.

Let me also vote to make it possible for users to create their own
bug-PKG automatically.  I think the critical mass of convention is
behind bug-PKG and help-PKG and so it would be great if that simply
happened by default.  If there had been a consistent form from the
start I don't think it would matter which way that it was but now that
it has been bug-PKG for so long that is the form I would promote.

Bob