Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Helping in Savannah

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Helping in Savannah
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 21:20:36 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 06:25:26AM -0800, Franco Iacomella wrote:
> Hi,
> Karl (Berry) told me that Savannah Admin project is needs an active
> projects reviewer and asked for my help. So, I following the "How to
> become a savannah hacker" guide, here is 2 answers for pending
> revision projects (shoot and hybrid).

Cool. I added you to the project and attached the submissions to you.

> SHOOT: (https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?7818)
> ---------
>
> License:
>       Its Ok. A copy of GPLv3 license is included in the package. As no
> source code is provided I cannot say anything about legal notices in
> code.
>
> Source code:
>       No source code is provided, so Its not possible to check license
> compatibility or dependencies problems. Source code must be included
> before Savannah can aprove your project.
>
> Other notes:
>       A README file is included with contact information but no information
> about versions, supported platforms or authors names.
>
> CONCLUSION:
>       The project cannot be approved until the source code is provided. If
> the developer needs Savannah right now,  an explanation is needed.

Indeed the submission is very short, lacks proper description and
source code.

> HYBRID: (https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?7822)
> ----------
>
> License:
>       Its Ok. A copy of GPLv2 license is included in the package. The legal
> notices in the source files are ok.
>
> Source code:
>       Source code is provided but it cannot be compiled because ELKlib is
> required. This library is not available for download, so I cannot
> check if the source compile and works in a free OS. As ELKlib is
> already a Savannah approved project, I assume that this dependencies
> doesn't have compatibility problems.
>
> CONCLUSION:
>       Project can be approved, bust must be checked when ELKlib is released.

Submitted project do not have to compile - they just have to be free
:) If there are not other problems with this packge, we can approve it.

Now, we would like you to send us a draft of what you'll send to the
user. Currently your analysis is good, but we don't know how you will
present it to the user. So send us another mail with the same
submissions, but as if you were sending it directly to the user. After
we agree on an answer, you'll be able to answer 'officially' on the
Savannah task tracker.

We will proceed this way for the first submissions. Once you and us
feel confident about your abilities, you'll be able to post directly
on your own.

Cheers,

--
Sylvain