[Savannah-hackers-public] Helping in Savannah

From: Franco Iacomella
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Helping in Savannah
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 06:25:26 -0800

Hi,
Karl (Berry) told me that Savannah Admin project is needs an active
projects reviewer and asked for my help. So, I following the "How to
become a savannah hacker" guide, here is 2 answers for pending
revision projects (shoot and hybrid).

SHOOT: (https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?7818)
---------

License:
        Its Ok. A copy of GPLv3 license is included in the package. As no
source code is provided I cannot say anything about legal notices in
code.

Source code:
        No source code is provided, so Its not possible to check license
compatibility or dependencies problems. Source code must be included
before Savannah can aprove your project.

Other notes:
        A README file is included with contact information but no information
about versions, supported platforms or authors names.

CONCLUSION:
        The project cannot be approved until the source code is provided. If
the developer needs Savannah right now,  an explanation is needed.

HYBRID: (https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?7822)
----------

License:
        Its Ok. A copy of GPLv2 license is included in the package. The legal
notices in the source files are ok.

Source code:
        Source code is provided but it cannot be compiled because ELKlib is
required. This library is not available for download, so I cannot
check if the source compile and works in a free OS. As ELKlib is
already a Savannah approved project, I assume that this dependencies
doesn't have compatibility problems.

CONCLUSION:
        Project can be approved, bust must be checked when ELKlib is released.

I wait for your comments.

Regards,

--
Franco Iacomella