Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu-advisory] gnu-group-projects

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu-advisory] gnu-group-projects
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:33:43 +0200

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 10:03:58PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
>     gnu-games-group, gnu-network-group would be more natural to me.
>
>     Could someone remind me if there is a reason that it needs to be a
>     prefix - if we need to identify the groups, could we not match on
>     /^gnu-\w+-group$/ instead?
>
> There is no reason, technical or otherwise, it's just a convention.  I
> have no objection to gnu-*-group.  Consider that the new standard :).
>
> I'll write to rms next.

As far as the Savannah Hackers are concerned I guess there's no
objection.

The next version of Savane could include a way to link projects
together, so that games could be linked to such a "group" project.
That being said, the "group" project needs resources for itself
(repos, webpages, etc.) so it need to be a regular project too.

--
Sylvain