Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] FSF public IP addresses are changing betwe

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] FSF public IP addresses are changing between December 20 and January 7th
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 12:42:05 -0700

Ian Kelling wrote:
> Our network provider TowardEX generously donated our bandwidth and IP
> addresses for many years

Many thanks to TowardEX for their most generous donation!

> and now we have a new donor: Hurricane Electric.

And a Thank You to Hurricane Electric for their donation!

> This change requires replacing our main IP ranges:
> 208.118.235.0/24 and 2001:4830:134::/48.

Although there is a long list of things that will need to change
across the servers I think this IP address change will be relatively
simple and straight forward without problems.  I will wait until the
change window opens and then start working through the migration.  Can
probably do it all over a single sitting of a couple of hours.  Will
definitely do it during FSF admin daylight hours in case a console
rescue is needed.  I think this can all mostly be done live while
services are running with only minimal disruption.

Bob