Re: Script knowing if in screen / screen window correponding to tty

From: Jason White
Subject: Re: Script knowing if in screen / screen window correponding to tty
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:17:50 -0500

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 08:07PM -0500, Jason White wrote:
>  I think a nice way of implementing this feature would be to create a
>  string escape for the pty of the current window and then use a custom
>  'windowlist string' argument.

  ...and so I did.  This is a quick mod to add a string escape (%T)
which will be expanded to the full path of the tty a given window is
using.  This patch is against screen-4.0.2 and was only barely tested
under NetBSD 2.0_BETA.

I added the following to my .screenrc:

  windowlist string "%3n %t  <%T>%=%f"

When I invoke the windowlist command it looks like:

Num Name                                                            Flags
  0 less  </dev/ttypi>                                                  $
  1 tcsh  </dev/ttypj>                                                  $
  2 vi  </dev/ttypg>                                                    $

Enjoy,
-Jason

--
Jason White (address@hidden)        http://www.jdwhite.org/~jdwhite
Jabber:jdwhite(jabber.org)              IRC:irc.netbsd.org/{jdwhite,jdw}