Re: Reply to header

From: Shawn McMahon
Subject: Re: Reply to header
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 14:30:48 -0500

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 04:50:25PM -0500, Buddy Burden said:

> reason) I think aptly answers Eric's point.  As for Shawn's point--the
> elitist argument (a.k.a. "if everyone in the world would just switch to
> the software I use, there wouldn't be any problem")--I'm not sure I see

Sorry, but "change the list to work better with Outlook and Outlook
Express, and worse with everything else" is the elitist argument.

Leaving it the way it is, which works fine with dozens of different
email clients and lets everybody make the choice of how they want to
deal with the mail, without losing functionality, is the populist
argument.

--
Shawn McMahon      | Let's set the record straight. There is no argument
EIV Consulting     | over the choice between peace and war, but there is