Re: Two little features (and a bounty?)

From: Micah Cowan
Subject: Re: Two little features (and a bounty?)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:58:48 -0700

Perhaps he's referring to the fact that it won't work until the
application requests mouse tracking, and several applications don't
request mouse tracking from screen.

If that's the case, there's really nothing we can do until terminfo
supports a way of advertising DEC/xterm mouse capabilities (kmous
doesn't really cut it).

I'd need more info on the printing stuff, as I never use it. I assume
we're talking about the Print Window / Redirect to Printer feature Xterm
has, that's tracked at https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?17310. I don't
know enough to even know whether it's even practical to "fix" screen for
use with that, but a monetary incentive for fixing it would at least
motivate me to dig in a bit more (TBH, without that incentive it drops
to the bottom of my to-do list: not enough demand AFAICT).

- -Micah