Monitoring connected users

From: Gorsuch, Ryan
Subject: Monitoring connected users
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 09:34:35 -0700

I'm running a multiuser session, but the Ctrl+A * doesn't show me the
other connected users, it only lists my own connection to the session.
Is there something I need to do to get this to work?

Also, is there a way to show a brief message in the hardstatus line when
another user connects? I do get a temporary notification when an
unauthorized user tries to connect, but screen is completely silent
about a new user successfully connecting.

Thirdly, is there a way to permanently display in the hardstatus line
all the users that are currently connected to my session?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ryan Gorsuch