screen does not maintain terminal dimensions upon reconnect

From: Misha Koshelev
Subject: screen does not maintain terminal dimensions upon reconnect
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 13:42:01 -0500

Dear All:

I am using screen on a CentOS release 5.3 final cluster.

I am accessing from Hardy 8.04 (Ubuntu) amd64 desktop.

Initially, the dimensions inside my screen session fit well inside my
gnome-terminal.

However, when I reconnect to my detached screen session (detached by means of
ssh disconnect for example), the boundaries of the screen seem to become larger
than what is visible on my desktop.

This may also be due to the fact that my screen resolution changes on the
computer from which I am connecting (I use nomachine.org - long story)

Anyhow, is there some way to get screen to readjust the resolution it thinks I
am using without restarting the process?

Thank you
Misha

p.s. Please "reply all" if possible. Thank you
--
Misha Koshelev
MD/PhD Student

Human Neuroimaging Laboratory