Re: screen does not maintain terminal dimensions upon reconnect

From: Aaron Davies
Subject: Re: screen does not maintain terminal dimensions upon reconnect
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 13:19:49 -0400

i've certainly had screen get into odd states when running complicated nested setups involving making connections to different layers from different sized terminal windows, sometimes simultaneously (through -x sharing). what generally happens is that some window will get stuck at a dimension lower than the minimum currently connected, and no amount of "fit" commands will fix it. the only general solution is to terminate the session and start over.

occasionally i get even worse, where the shell and screen get totally confused about where the cursor is, and will begin writing in the middle of the window, or overwrite the hardstatus line, or something. that can usually be fixed by just closing that window though.