sketch-devel

Re: Temporary tools

From: Valentin Ungureanu
Subject: Re: Temporary tools
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:04:22 +0300

Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> [...]
>
> both patches applied, except for the Changelog,
> because Bernhard had done some changes in the meantime. ;)

OK, it's good to hear about other changes :)

> I wonder if we could make this configurable if somebody wants
> to actually zoom a couple of times. We might add some sort of
> nativational mouse mode where dragging with the image and zooming
> in and out is activated. Just an idea.

Yes, that would be useful too.

Skencil 0.6 has another canvas mode that's not available yet in
0.7: Place Mode, used for guides, images and object plugins.  I
did some work on that (an Insert Image tool), but it needs more
tests and it's not as straightforward as I would like.

Also some time ago Ralf Engels made a patch for guides:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/sketch-devel/2003-01/msg00005.html
It seems that large parts from this patch are still useful.

I postponed all this to see what happens with the temporary
tools. Once I sort out how a Place tool would work I'd like to
make a Guide tool and an Image tool based on that.