sketch-devel

Re: Temporary tools

From: Bernhard Reiter
Subject: Re: Temporary tools
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:42:46 +0100

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 09:04:22AM +0300, Valentin Ungureanu wrote:
> Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > both patches applied, except for the Changelog,
> > because Bernhard had done some changes in the meantime. ;)
>
> OK, it's good to hear about other changes :)

I think he fights some deprecation warnings and applied your patches. ;)

> Skencil 0.6 has another canvas mode that's not available yet in
> 0.7: Place Mode, used for guides, images and object plugins.  I
> did some work on that (an Insert Image tool), but it needs more
> tests and it's not as straightforward as I would like.
>
> Also some time ago Ralf Engels made a patch for guides:
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/sketch-devel/2003-01/msg00005.html
> It seems that large parts from this patch are still useful.

Someone should add that patch to the patch tracker I guess.

> I postponed all this to see what happens with the temporary
> tools. Once I sort out how a Place tool would work I'd like to
> make a Guide tool and an Image tool based on that.

Sounds great, keep on the good work!

My focus is on getting the "maptool" extension in first
and then I would like Skencil 0.7. to get read to replace 0.6
as some point, though I do not know how much work this could be.

        Bernhard R.

If Skencil is useful for you, consider tipping the project:
               http://www.skencil.org/payments.html