sks-devel

Re: SKS on alternate ports (was Re: [Sks-devel] diff logs not appending)

From: Yaron Minsky
Subject: Re: SKS on alternate ports (was Re: [Sks-devel] diff logs not appending)
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:34:16 -0400

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 19:11:18 -0400, Jason Harris <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 06:31:58PM -0400, Yaron Minsky wrote:
>
> > to, since the actual keys are retrieved over the HTTP port.)  So this
> > should work fine for the case where mutliple SKS's are set up on the
> > same machine.
>
> On the subject of port numbers:
>
> In the SKS stats page, would it be possible to make "keyserver... 11370"
> link to that stats page on each server?

Sadly, I don't think this is possible, at least not without some
mildly ugly hacks.  The problem is that SKS hosts only know each
other's reconciliation ports, not their HTTP ports.  And there's no
required relationship between the reconciliation ports and HTTP ports.
 You could guess, of course.  Or you could keep track of your gossip
partner's HTTP ports when you learn what they are during the course of
a reconciliation.  But all the options are either mildly hacky or
unreliable.