sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Has anyone looked into bdb alternatives?

From: Alex Roper
Subject: [Sks-devel] Has anyone looked into bdb alternatives?
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 14:59:11 -0800

I've been having terrible corruption issues (need to run reconstruction every day), as I usually notice with bdb-based applications. I was wondering if anyone has experimented with patching sks to use something more reliable like mysql, postgres, sqlite, etc?

mysql and postgres are exceptionally nice because then I wouldn't need to back up the database manually, it would just be rolled into our normal backups, but even sqlite would be an improvement.

Al "as a cs student, the thought of a single threaded single process spinlocking the db engine is just sickening"

P.S. If you emailed me I think I added you to our membership file, let me know if you're not showing up and you wanted to: http://dionysus.ugcs.caltech.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=stats