sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Has anyone looked into bdb alternatives?

From: Joseph Oreste Bruni
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Has anyone looked into bdb alternatives?
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 21:47:40 -0700

On Feb 14, 2009, at 3:59 PM, Alex Roper wrote:

on issues (need to run reconstruction every day), as I usually notice with bdb-based applications.

In defense of BDB, I have written a multi-process application (in C) that handles billions of transactions per year, and I have never encountered any database corruption. The application has been running non-stop for the past four years.

It wasn't always so, however. It took me some time to make sure I was doing everything correctly.

So perhaps what you're asking for is not a database that is more reliable, but rather something that is more tolerant of sloppy programming.

Personally, I'd like to see SKS re-implemented in C.