sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] SKS RAM usage gone haywire

From: John Marshall
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] SKS RAM usage gone haywire
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 11:50:28 +1100

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009, 19:19 -0500, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> I agree with Ryan here that even if his host *had* been compromised and
> doing what amounts to a gossip DoS attack, the other nodes in the
> network should not have tried to gobble up all the RAM on their
> respective systems.  We should not need to fully trust our peers in the
> SKS network to run a public keyserver.

I observed this insatiable recon behaviour when I was familiarizing
myself with SKS.  I built two servers; loaded one of them from a recent
(public) dump; peered them and - kaboom!

I asked on this list (ref: below) about any knobs to tune recon and/or
db - similar to the knobs available for build/fastbuild but had no
response.  If anybody knows/finds that information it would be a great
help to us all to post it to the list.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/sks-devel/2009-01/msg00012.html

--
John Marshall