sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] mailsync with PKS

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] mailsync with PKS
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 20:50:12 -0800

On 2009-02-23 at 02:52 +0100, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 10:16 +1100, Jonathan Oxer wrote:
> > The first approach is with the aliases file which allows you to specify
> > recipients of email at a system level. The entry you listed above will
> > send all email addressed to "address@hidden" to the sks_add_mail
> > script directly, and the user doesn't even need to exist.
> Can there be problems here with the owner?
> I mean must sks_add_mail be run as debian-sks? Because most files in the
> DB and so on, are owned by this.
>
> Any ideas?

I use Exim as my MTA, which is also the MTA used by Debian.  I can tell
you how to configure Exim for use with SKS, but not how to do it in
Debian's setup.  Given that Debian's MTA setup is designed to allow
packages to provide mail-handling hooks, I'm slightly surprised that
installing the sks .deb didn't let you set this up in Exim with a
dpkg-reconfigure (of Exim) or whatever it is Debian uses.

I feed mail to address@hidden into sks_add_mail; thus I use
this Router (Routers are an ordered list of handlers, first acceptor
wins):

sks_keysync:
  driver        = accept
  domains       = sks.spodhuis.org
  local_parts   = keysync
  transport     = sks_insert

and then in the Transports section (unordered collection of methods for
carrying out the delivery, referenced from Routers) I have:

sks_insert:
  driver = pipe
  command = /usr/local/bin/sks_add_mail /path/to/sks-dir
  user = sks
  current_directory = /path/to/sks-dir

You'll want to change the values of most of those options, but that's
the framework needed.

-Phil