sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] mailsync with PKS

From: John Marshall
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] mailsync with PKS
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 16:51:18 +1100

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, 02:52 +0100, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 10:16 +1100, Jonathan Oxer wrote:
> > The first approach is with the aliases file which allows you to specify
> > recipients of email at a system level. The entry you listed above will
> > send all email addressed to "address@hidden" to the sks_add_mail
> > script directly, and the user doesn't even need to exist.
> Can there be problems here with the owner?
> I mean must sks_add_mail be run as debian-sks? Because most files in the
> DB and so on, are owned by this.

I use sendmail as the MTA with the keyserver's SMTP address in the
aliases file, so that the message is piped to sks_add_mail.
sks_add_mail tries to write the message into a <path-to-sks>/messages
directory, where sks will find them up and process them.  In this case,
sks_add_mail runs in the context of the MTA.  To get it all to work, I
created the messages directory with mode 770 and set the group to match
the MTA's group (in my case, mailnull).

--
John Marshall